Marion Gasification Plant
Marion Gasification Plant is a proposed coal plant, to be built near Marion in Williamson County, Illinois. The proposal was submitted in 2005, however the operational date has not been determined yet.
In 2004, the Illinois Clean Coal Review Board agreed to give $2.5 million to the project, while the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity was expected give an additional $2.5 million, according to Phil Gonet, president of the Illinois Coal Association and a member of the review board.
The sponsor of the project, Madison Power Corporation, has disbanded.
Sponsor: Madison Power Corporation
Location: Marion, Illinois
Size: 500 megawatts
Projected in service: TBD
Related GEM.wiki articles
- Marion Plant
- Carbon Capture and Storage
- Existing U.S. Coal Plants
- US proposed coal plants (both active and cancelled)
- Coal plants cancelled in 2007
- Coal plants cancelled in 2008
- Illinois and coal
- State-by-state guide to information on coal in the United States (or click on the map)