Medway power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Medway power station is a 755-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Kent County, United Kingdom.
The map below shows the location of the power station in Rochester, Kent County, United Kingdom.
In 2021 the project applied for 735 MW existing generation in the T-4 Capacity Market 2024-2025 auction, and they were listed in the final results. This would qualify them for government subsidies to guarantee electricity supply.
- Sponsor: SSE plc
- Parent company: SSE PLC
- Location: Rochester, Kent County, United Kingdom
- Coordinates: 51.4396, 0.6894 (exact)
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 755 MW
Articles and Resources
- T4 DY2024-25 Final Results, Electricity Market Reform Delivery Body, Mar 22, 2021
- Capacity Market Register 2024-25 (T-4) - 13_04_2021, Electricity Market Reform Delivery Body, Apr 13, 2021
- Capacity Market, United Kingdom, Mar 1, 2019
- Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) 549300KI75VYLLMSK856 Global Legal Entity Identifier Foundation, accessed January 2020
- Global Energy Observatory ID 4239, accessed January 2020
- Digest of UK Energy Statistics (DUKES) United Kingdom Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy