Meghnaghat-II power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Meghnaghat-II power station is a proposed 590-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Dhaka Division, Bangladesh. The plant is also referred to as Summit Meghnaghat II Power Company Limited or SMIIPCL.
The satellite photo below shows the exact location of the proposed power station in Meghnaghat - Narayanganj District, Dhaka Division, Bangladesh.
The Daily Observer reported that "Summit and GE Power signed the equipment and engineering, procurement, and construction scope of the project in 2017 while the services agreement was signed in 2018."
The plant is part of Bangladesh's goal of adding 40 GW of installed power capacity by 2030.
- Sponsor: Summit Corp - General Elec JV
- Parent company: Summit Corp
- Location: Meghnaghat - Narayanganj District, Dhaka Division, Bangladesh
- Coordinates: 23.608172, 90.595154 (exact)
- Gross capacity (proposed): 590 MW
- Combined-cycle unit: 590 MW (to start 2022)
Articles and Resources
- Summit-GE consortium signs project agreements for the largest 583 MW CCPP in Bangladesh, Summit Power website, Mar 14, 2019
- Summit signs 22-year PPA for upcoming 583 MW gas power plant; GE to co-develop plant in Bangladesh, GE website, Mar 18, 2019
- GE to co-develop 583 MW BD gas power plant, The Daily Observer, Mar 20, 2019
- GE Power and Summit to co-develop gas power plant in Bangladesh, Power Technology, Mar 19, 2019
- Progress on Bangladesh's 583MW Summit Meghnaghat II power plant, Construction Week Online, Mar 19, 2019