Mehrum power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Germany and coal.|
Mehrum power station is a 752-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Lower Saxony, Germany.
The coal plant is planned to close by December 2021, as part of the country's 2038 coal phase-out.
The undated satellite below shows the plant in Hohenhameln, Peine.
The power station consists of a 752 MW subcritical coal unit commissioned in 1979. Blocks A and B have been decommissioned.
- Sponsor: Kraftwerk Mehrum GmbH
- Parent company: Kraftwerk Mehrum GmbH
- Location: Hohenhameln, Peine, Lower Saxony, Germany
- Coordinates: 52.315108, 10.093756 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: 752 MW
- Start date: 1979
- Type: Subcritical
- Coal Type: Bituminous
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and Resources
- "Germany awards second round of permits to close hard coal plants". www.euractiv.com. 2021-04-02. Retrieved 2021-04-09.
- "Mehrum Coal Power Plant Germany," GEO, accessed April 2016