Meixin captive power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Meixin captive power station (陕煤化陕西有色美鑫产业投资公司自备电厂) is a 1,400-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station under development in Shaanxi province, China.
The plant is operating illegally without the needed permits.
The undated satellite photo below shows the power station in Yaozhou District.
Background on Plant
Shaanxi Coal and Chemical Industry Group and Shaanxi Youser Group are constructing a 4 x 350 MW coal plant to support aluminum-magnesium alloy production in Yaozhou District. It was planned for operation in 2016.
Both the aluminum-magnesium plant and the power plant began construction despite lacking the needed permits (lacking both EIA and NRDC approval). For this the project sponsors were fined and ordered to stop construction in 2014, and again in 2015.
As of 2018, units 3-4 are under construction and planned for operation in 2019. In May 2019, China's Environment Ministry faulted Meixin Industry Investment Co. for operating illegally. The expansion is presumably shelved by the Environment Ministry.
- Sponsor: Meixin Industry Investment Co.
- Parent company: Shaanxi Coal Chemistry & Shaanxi Youser
- Location: Dongjiahe, Yaozhou District, Tongchuan Prefecture, Shaanxi Province, China
- Coordinates: 34.965281, 108.975844 (exact)
- Status: Units 1-2: Operating; Units 3-4: Shelved
- Gross capacity: 1,400 MW (Units 1-4: 350 MW)
- Start year: 2016 (Units 1-2)
- Type: Supercritical
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "陕西美鑫年产30万吨铝镁合金项目作出环境影响评价报告批复," China Power Coal, 2015-08-17
- "国资委网站：陕有色集团美鑫公司以严和实的精神推动重点项目建设," Shaanxi Meixin Industry, 2015-9-29
- "市环保局对陕西美鑫产业投资有限公司主要负责人进行约谈," Tongchuan Prefecture, 2015/3/23
- "美鑫年产30万吨铝镁合金生产线和自备电厂二期项目开工_南储商务网," Nancun Business Network, April 11, 2016
- "美鑫锦阳电厂空冷机组工程2号机组一次通过168小时满负荷试运行," 中国电力化工网, 2016-06-23
- "美鑫锦阳电厂1号机组168小时试运成功," tcgx.gov.cn, July 27, 2016
- "陕西美鑫30万吨铝镁合金动力系统成功启动," SMM, 2018-09-21
- "中央第二生态环境保护督察组向陕西省反馈“回头看”及专项督察情况," 生态环境部, 2019-05-13