Mengcun Coal Mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Mengcun Coal Mine (陕西彬长孟村矿业有限公司孟村煤矿) is located in Shaanxi, China and operated by Shaaxi Binchang Mining Group. Its annual production capacity is designed to be 6 million tonnes(Mt) a year.
The undated satellite photo below shows the coal mine located in Mawu Village, Changwu County, Xianyang, Shaanxi
Coal Mine Background
In March 2017, the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) has ratified the construction of Mengcun Coal Mine with an approved total production capacity of 6Mt/year.The initial production of the first phase is 4Mt/year.  In December 2018, however, NRDC approved the proposed change that the Mengcun Coal Mine can only be put into operation unless it completes the construction of 6Mt capacity. 
Prior to the approval from NDRC, this mine has already begun construction in 2009. In 2018, it has launched the process of acceptance testing before officially putting into operation.
- Sponsor: Shaanxi Binchang Mengcun Mining Group Co.
- Parent Company: Shaanxi Coal and Chemical Industry Group(45.72%), China Development Bank(6.61%), others(47.67%)
- Location: Mawu Village, Changwu County, Xianyang, Shaanxi
- GPS Coordinates: 35.146834,107.933183
- Status: Proposed
- Production Capacity: 6 Mt/year
- Total Resources: 990.45Mt 
- Minable Reserves: 558.48Mt
- Coal Type: Bituminous
- Mine Size: 63.5986k㎡ 
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year:
- Source of Financing: