Merit Pila power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Malaysia and coal|
Merit Pila power station is a proposed 300 megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station planned for Kapit, Malaysia.
The map below shows the location of Kapit, the approximate location where the plant will be built.
Background on Plant
The project was mentioned in multiple press reports in 2012. However, since the project is not currently mentioned on "upcoming projects" page of the Sarawak Energy website, it appears to have been abandoned. In September 2018 an article about Sarawak's Murum dam project referred to the company's "long-term plan" to build the Merit Pila coal plant, but the project has not actually progressed since 2012.
- Sponsor: Sarawak Energy
- Parent Company: Sarawak Energy
- Location: Kapit, Sarawak
- Coordinates: 2.016667, 112.9333 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross Capacity: 300 MW
- Type: Subcritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "SEB plans another five power plants," The Star.com, October 18, 2012
- "Power hungry: Efforts to attract more private investment into the electricity sector," Oxford Business Group, 2012.
- "Upcoming Projects," Sarawak Energy, accessed March 2014 and April 2016
- Score gets RM1.47b financial boost, The Star, Sep. 24, 2018