Mexichem Cogeneracion Uno power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Mexichem Cogeneracion Uno power station was a proposed 500-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Pajaritos in the state of Veracruz, Mexico.
As of November 2019, the project has not progressed in more than four years and appears to be cancelled.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Pajaritos in the state of Veracruz, Mexico.
At the beginning of 2014, Mexichem (now Orbis) announced they would build a cogeneration plant in Pajaritos, Veracruz, with a capacity of 500 megawatts, 200 MW of which will be used to supply the demand for vinyl monochloride and polyvinyl chloride (PVC) plants.
- Sponsor: Mexichem Cogeneracion Uno SA
- Parent company: Mexichem Energy
- Location: In Pajaritos in the state of Veracruz, Mexico
- Coordinates: 20.574903, -97.486139 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (cancelled): 500 MW
- Gas turbine unit: 500 MW (no start-up date)
Articles and Resources
- Ivet Rodríguez, Mexichem le hará competencia a CFE, Manufactura, Aug 22, 2014