Mezhegeyugol coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Mezhegeyugol coal mine is an underground mine, operated by Raspadskaya Coal Company, a subsidiary of Evraz, producing 2 million tonnes per annum, in Tuva Republic, Russia.
The company has proposed an expansion of mine capacity to 6 mtpa in 2030.
Coal Mine Background
In 2017, installation of modern mine technology improved the production capacity at the mine.
- Sponsor: Raspadskaya Coal Company
- Parent Company: Evraz
- Location: 6km NE of Kochetovo, Tandinskiy District, Tuva (Tyva) Republic, Russia
- GPS Coordinates: 51.391967, 94.110944
- Status: Existing
- Production Capacity: 2 mtpa
- Mineable Reserves: 85.678 million tonnes
- Coal type: Coking coal
- Mine Size: 48 km2
- Mine Depth: 185 m
- Mine Type: Underground (room and pillar)
- Start Year: 2016
- Source of Financing:
- Capacity: 7 mtpa