Miaoli Petrochemical power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Taiwan and coal|
Miaoli Petrochemical power station is a 49-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Miaoli City, Miaoli County, Taiwan.
The map below shows the approximate location of the power station in Miaoli, Miaoli County, Taiwan.
In 2016, Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems, Ltd. (MHPS) received an order for a steam turbine set with a rated output of 49 megawatts (MW) for Chang Chun Petrochemical Co., Ltd. of Taiwan. Installation of the new cogeneration facilities at the existing plant was targeted at increasing its power and steam supply capacities in tandem with expansion of the plant's production lines.
- Sponsor: Chang Chun Petrochemical
- Parent company: Chang Chun Group
- Location: Miaoli, Miaoli County, Taiwan
- Coordinates: 24.594366, 120.809560 (approx.)
- Coal type: Unknown
- Coal source:
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 49 MW
- Unit 1: Coal-fired subcritical, 49 MW (start-up in 2018)
Articles and Resources
- "MHPS Receives Order for Steam Turbine Set for Chang Chun Petrochemical of Taiwan -- Core of Cogeneration Facility Expansion Project at Miaoli Plant," Mitsubishi Power, August 8, 2016
- "Profile of Chang Chun Group," Chang Chun Group, accessed June 17, 2021