Midia Gas Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The pipeline runs from the Ana and Daina fields in the Black Sea to Corbu commune, Constanta county, Romania.
- Operator: Black Sea Oil & Gas
- Parent Company: Carlyle International Energy Partners (65%), Petro Ventures Resources (20%), Gas Plus International (15%)
- Proposed capacity: 1 bcm/yr
- Length: 126 km / 78.2 mi
- Status: Construction Complete
- Start Year: 2021
Construction of the pipeline began in September 2020. The pipeline would provide 10% of Romania's total gas supply.
According to Black Sea Oil & Gas, the laying of the pipeline was finalized in January 2021. Production of gas from the Midia Gas Development is slated, as of August 2021, for quarter four of 2021. Commissioning of the pipeline can be assumed for that time as well.
Articles and resources
- Midia Gas Development Project, Black Sea, NS Energy Business, accessed December 2020
- Midia Gas Development Project, European Bank, accessed December 2020
- "Midia Gas Development Project, Black Sea, Romania". www.nsenergybusiness.com. Retrieved 2021-08-31.
- "Midia Gas Development - Black Sea Oil & Gas". Black Sea Oil & Gas. Retrieved 2021-08-31.