Milazzo power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Milazzo power station is a 155-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in the province of Messina, Italy.
The map below shows the location of the power station in Milazzo, the province of Messina, Italy.
Milazzo power station originally provided electricity to the grid only, despite close proximity to La Raffineria di Milazzo (RAM) refining plant. It underwent upgrades from 2018-2019 to increase its efficiency and ability to supply electricity and steam to the refinery and excess power to the grid.
There have been reports since stricter air quality standards were approved in 2018 that the refinery may shut down due to an inability to comply.
- Sponsor: Termica Milazzo Srl
- Parent company: Eni SPA [50%], Kuwait Petroleum Corp (KPC) [50%]
- Location: Milazzo, the province of Messina, Italy
- Coordinates: 38.1978, 15.2676 (exact)
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 155 MW
Articles and Resources
- Sicilian refiner completes emissions-reducing upgrade, Oil & Gas Journal, Oct 1, 2020
- Upgrades and Interconnection Make Gas-Fired Plant a Winner, Power Mag, Oct 1, 2020
- Italy's Eni has made no decision on potential Milazzo refinery closure, Hydrocarbon Processing, Mar 5, 2020
- La Raffineria in breve, Raffineria di Milazzo, accessed Apr 7, 2021
- Open Power System Data December 2018
- ENTSO-E Transparency Platform, ID 26WUUUUMILAZZO1Z accessed November 2019
- World Electric Power Plants database S&P Global Platts, June 2019