Minyango Coal project
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Australia and coal|
The Minyango coal project is a proposed underground coal mine operated by Bounty Mining Limited (Bounty), Q Coal, producing 9 million tonnes per annum, in Blackwater, Queensland, Australia.
The project is to be located near Blackwater, Queensland, Australia. The map below shows the approximate location.
Q Coal will operate the mine. Bounty acquired Minyango coking coal project from the administrators of Caledon Resources in November 2018. In 2019, Australian privately owned coal mining firm QCoal has won control of the finances and future offtake arrangements for Australian coking coal firm Bounty Mining. The future of the project remains uncertain.
- Sponsor:Bounty Mining Limited (Bounty
- Parent Company: Q Coal
- Location: Blackwater, Queensland, Australia
- GPS Coordinates: -23.497583, 148.807134 (approximate)
- Status: operating
- Production Capacity: 9 million tonnes
- Total Resource: 190 MT
- Mineable Reserves: 77.9 MT
- Coal type: bituminous
- Mine Size:
- Mine Type: underground
- Mining Method: bord and pillar
- Start Year:
- Source of Financing: