Mitra Energi Agung coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Mitra Energi Agung (MEA) is a proposed opencast coal mine, operated by PT Mitra Energi Agung, a subsidiary of Indika Energy, in East Kalimantan, Indonesia.
As of 2020, the project is no longer listed in industry lists of exploration or construction projects, and is likely shelved.
The map below shows the approximate location of Mitra Energi Agung in East Kalimantan, Indonesia.
According to Indika, it acquired a 60% stake of MEA in 2012. It describes the asset as "a greenfield coal asset located in East Kalimantan with a IUP concession area covering 5,000 hectares." An archived version of the company website from Aug. 19, 2018 states "more than 90% of the MEA concession has been explored and several promising coal seams identified. Effort to develop MEA has moved to the securing of all critical licenses required with the intention to commence production once the coal price is economical for production."
- Owner: PT Mitra Energi Agung
- Parent company:Indika Energy
- Location: East Kalimantan, Indonesia
- GPS coordinates: 0.579799, 116.522440 (approximate)
- Mine status: proposed (exploration phase) Shelved (2020)
- Start year:’ 2026 (proposed)
- Mineable reserves:
- Coal type:
- Mine size: 5,000 hectares
- Mine type: Surface
- Number of employees:
Articles and resources
- Wood Mackenzie Mitra Energi Agung coal mine Asset Report, September 13, 2019
- Indonesian Coal Book 2020/2021
- Indika Energy Resources Indika, archived 8/19/18, accessed 12/14/19
- INDIKA ENERGY SHARES TOTAL DIVIDEN OF US$ 60 MILLION Indika Energy, April 25, 2019