Moher coal mine
The Moher coal mine is a 2.5 million tonnes per annum coal mine in the Singrauli coalfields, in Madhya Pradesh, India.
The satellite image below shows the approximate area of the mine in Madhya Pradesh, India.
Background on Mine
The mine is operated by Sasan Power, a wholly owned subsidiary of Reliance Power, and supplies the Sasan Ultra Mega Power Project, a 4,000 megawatt project. Moher is one of three captive mines, in addition to Chhatrasal and the Moher Amlori extension, which contribute to the 25 million tonnes of coal per annum needed by the power plant. 
- Sponsor: Sasan Power
- Parent company: Reliance Power
- Location: Singrauli District, Madhya Pradesh, India
- GPS coordinates: 24.135000, 82.599444 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 2.5 million tons per year
- Total Resource:
- Mineable Reserves: 575 million tonnes
- Coal Type: Thermal coal
- Mine Size:
- Mine Type: Surface
- Start Year:
- Source of Financing:
- Permits and Applications:
Articles and Resources
- S. Shanker,R Power to produce coal from Moher mines by September, Business Line, March 12, 2018.
- Reliance Power, "Projects: Sasan Power Limited", Reliance Power website, accessed May 2010.
- Center for Financial Accountability,Sasan Ultra Mega Power Project, accessed March 5, 2020
- RPower's Chhatrasal coal mine gets enviroment clearance