Molave-Narra coal mines
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Molave-Narra coal mines are a pair of surface mines, operated by Semirara Mining and Power Corporation, a subsidiary of DMCI Holdings Inc., producing 14.5 million tonnes per annum, in Panian, Semirara, Caluya, Antique, Philippines.
The mines are the only surface operating pits after the closure of the Panian coal mine, formerly the largest in the country.
The map below shows the exact location of the mine on Semirara Island, Philippines.
- Operator: Semirara Mining and Power Corporation 
- Parent Company: DMCI Holdings Inc. 
- Location: Semirara Island, Philippines.
- GPS coordinates: 12.101453, 121.377552 (exact)
- Mine status: Operating 
- Mineable reserves:
- Coal type: Subbituminous, Bituminous
- Mine size:
- Mine type: Surface (open cast)
- Mine depth:
- Production: 14.5 million tonnes per year
- Number of employees:
Articles and Resources
- Semirara Mining, SEC FORM 17-C, January 20, 2020, accessed September 20, 2020