Monksland power station
From Global Energy Monitor
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Monksland power station is a proposed 100-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in County Roscommon, Ireland.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Monksland - Athlone, County Roscommon, Ireland.
- Sponsor: Bord Gáis Energy Ltd, Mountside Properties
- Parent company: Centrica plc (parent of Bord Gáis)<ref="GLEIF">Bord Gáis Energy Limited, LEI Reference Data accessed Jan. 15, 2020</ref>
- Location: Monksland - Athlone, County Roscommon, Ireland
- Coordinates: 53.4222, -7.9713 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (proposed): 100 MW
- Gas turbine unit: 100 MW (no start-up date)
Articles and Resources
- Bord Gáis to invest €100m in new Monksland power station, Westmeath Independent, October 21, 2009.