Moranbah North coal mine
The Moranbah North coal mines is an underground mine, operated by Anglo American, producing 4 million tonnes per annum, near Moranbah in the Bowen Basin in Queensland, Australia.
The map image below shows the exact location of the mine.
Coal Mine Background
The mine is operated by Anglo American. The mine experienced a roof collapse in January 2020 and could not restart operations until June. 
- Parent Company: Anglo American
- Location: Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
- GPS Coordinates: -21.871331, 147.956742 (exact)
- Status: Proposed
- Production Capacity: 4 mtpa
- Total Resource: 129 million tonnes
- Coal type: bituminous, Metallurgical
- Mine Size:
- Mine Type: Underground
- Mining Method:longwall mining
- Mine Depth:200 m
- Start Year:1998
- Source of Financing:
Articles and resources
- Anglo American, Moranbah North, company website, accessed June 20, 2020
- "Moranbah North: The new face of underground mining innovation". Industry Hub Central Queensland. J Publishing. March 2013. Archived from the original on 4 June 2014. Retrieved 17 June 2014.