Morgantown Energy Facility (WV)
Morgantown Energy Facility is a 68.9-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station operated by Excalibur Power in Morgantown, West Virginia.
- Owner: Excalibur Power
- Parent Company: Starwood Energy Group
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 68.9 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: Unit 1: 68.9 MW (1991)
- Location: 555 Beechurst Ave., Morgantown, WV 26505 (about 1/4 mile NW of WVU campus)
- GPS Coordinates: 39.639998, -79.961394
- Technology: Subcritical Fluidized Bed Technology
- Coal type: Waste Coal
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source: Humphrey #7 mine (LP Mineralls LLC)
- Number of Employees:
- Unit Retirements:: The plant will switch to natural gas in 2020. 
West Virginia University
The plant supplies steam to West Virginia University, and supplies electricity to the university and other customers. The plant was built in 1991, and runs on "gob" (waste) coal.
- CO2 Emissions: 652,572 tons (2006)
- SO2 Emissions: 850 tons (2002)
- SO2 Emissions per MWh: 4.02 lb/MWh
- NOx Emissions: 932 tons (2002)
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- "FERC clears Ares EIF Management to sell stake in 4 coal-fired plants" spglobal.com, December 15, 2017.
- "EIA 923 January 2020" EIA 923 2020.
- "PSC approves Mon Power proposal to terminate contract with Morgantown plant" WV Metronews, January 2, 2020.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency letter, date unknown.
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.