Mostaganem power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Mostaganem power station is a 1,450-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant under construction in Mostaganem Province, Algeria.
The map below shows the exact location of the power station in Mostaganem, Mostaganem Province, Algeria.
The Mostaganem power station was one out of six total projects launched in 2014 by Sonelgaz for the construction of combined cycle power stations. Samsung C&T won the bidding to construct the plant. Initial plans stated that the plant was to be built by 2017, however, in 2018 construction was ongoing and announced as continuing through 2019. As of November 2019, African Power Platform lists the plant as under construction.
- Sponsor: Société Algérienne de production d'électricité (SPE)
- Parent company: Soc Algerienne Elec (Sonelgaz)
- Location: Mostaganem, Mostaganem Province, Algeria
- Coordinates: 36.01792, 0.12749 (exact)
- Gross capacity (under construction): 1,450 MW
Articles and Resources
- Global Construction Review Samsung in $1.37bn Algerian power project Chartered Institute of Building, Feb 25, 2014
- Matthew Korean Builders Win Five Power Plant Construction Projects in Algeria Business Korea February 21, 2014
- CCE NEWS TEAM Algeria builds 1,450 MW combined cycle power plant CCE News, May 11, 2018
- Keller Contract in Mostaganem, Algeria Press release, April 18, 2018
- Mostaganem power plant African Power Platform, accessed Nov 18, 2019
- Shipyards and Maritime Industry in Turkey, e-maritime, Mar 2020
- Parc de Production SPE, La Société Algérienne de Production de l’Electricité, accessed Jul 23, 2021
- SAMSUNG C&T CORPORATION CCPP, Google Maps, accessed Jul 23, 2021
- Transmex DES CAPACITÉS AU SERVICE DE VOS EXIGENCES: Nos pincipales réalisations organizational website, accessed Nov. 18, 2019
- Mostaghanem Gas, Africa Energy, accessed Jul 23, 2021