Motihari-Amlekhgunj Oil Pipeline
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Motihari-Amlekhgunj Oil Pipeline is an operating oil pipeline in India and Nepal.
The pipeline runs from Motihari, India to Amlekhgunj, Nepal.
- Operator: IndianOil; Nepal Oil Corporation
- Parent Company: IndianOil; Nepal Oil Corporation
- Current Capacity:
- Proposed capacity: 60,000 barrels per day
- Length: 43 miles / 69 kilometers
- Status: Operating
- Start Year: 2019
The pipeline came into operation in April of 2019.
Articles and resources
- Motihari-Amlekhgunj fuel pipeline to start operation in 30 months, The Himalayan Times, May 23, 2018
- India-Nepal move ahead on the fuel pipeline project, LiveMint, Apr. 7, 2018
- Motihari-Amlekhgunj petroleum pipeline project to come into operation from mid-April onwards, aarthiknews, May 2019