Tulunugol-Mugunsky coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Mugunsky Coal Mine is an operating surface coal mine in Irkutsk Oblast, Russia. It is one of two Tulunugol mines, the other being the Tulunugol-Azeisky coal mine.
The map below shows the location of the mine, north of Algatui, in Tulunsky District, Irkutsk Oblast, Russia.
The Mugunsky coal mine is a surface coal mine. It is operated by Vostsibugol, a subsidiary of En+ Group. The mine has a capacity of 7 MTPA. The mine is massive, but information about it is scant. Wikimapia states that the mine produced 51.2 MT of coal between 1992 and 2007, or an average of 3.2 MTPA. The mine is technically part of the Tulunugol mine, together with the Tulunugol-Azeisky coal mine, even though the two mines are about 30 km apart.
In July 2018, Vostsibugol paid 45 million rubles (about $650,000) for the rights to a new block to the southeast of the existing mine, with an additional 37 MT of reserves. Vostsibugol planned to mine this new block, adding 2.5 MTPA of production by 2021.
- Owner: Vostsibugol
- Parent Company: En+ Group
- Location: Algatui, Tulunsky District, Irkutsk Oblast, Russia
- Coordinates: 54.438203, 100.189476 (exact)
- Status: Operating (existing); unclear (expansion)
- Production Capacity: 7.0 MT/year
- Expansion Capacity: 2.5 MT/year
- Total Reserves: 303 MT
- Recoverable Reserves:
- Coal type: Lignite
- Mine Type: Surface
- Start Year: 1990 (existing); 2021 (expansion)
- Source of Financing:
Articles and resources
- Угольный разрез «Мугунский», Wikimapia, accessed May 2021.
- Разрез «Тулунуголь», Vostsibugol website, 8 June 2014 (via Wayback Machine).
- Мугунский, угольный разрез, Irkipedia, accessed May 2021.
- Филиал "Разрез "Тулунуголь", Irkipedia, accessed May 2021.
- Востсибуголь, MiningWiki.ru, accessed May 2021.
- Компания «Востсибуголь» будет разрабатывать новый участок Мугунского месторождения в Тулунском районе, Sibirskie Novosti, 11 July 2018.