Mumbai-Nagpur-Jharsuguda Gas Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The pipeline runs from Mumbai to Nagpur (725 km), then from Nagpur to Jharsuguda (680 km), with a spur line from Nagpur to Jabalpur (160 km) and a 30-km spur line to Korba. The exact route is included in PNGRB's May 2020 approval of the pipeline.
- Operator: Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL)
- Parent Company: Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL)
- Proposed capacity: 16.5 million cubic meters per day (6.02 billion cubic meters per year)
- Length: 1,755 kilometers
- Status: Construction
- Start Year: 2023
In May 2020, Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL) received permission from PNGRB to build the pipeline, which was expected to take 22 months.
Articles and resources
- Grant of Authorization for Mumbai-Nagpur-Jharsuguda Natural Gas Pipeline (Bid No: BID/NGPL/14/2019/01/MNJPL), PNGRB, May 15, 2020
- "Natural Gas Pipelines Network in India - As on 31.03.2021" (PDF). Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board. 2021-06-25. Archived (PDF) from the original on 2021-08-28. Retrieved 2021-08-28.