Nam Con Son Gas Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Nam Con Son Gas Pipeline is an operating natural gas pipeline.
The pipeline runs from a location at Lan Tay Gas And Condensate Field, Block 6.1, offshore south eastern Vietnam to Ba Ria Vung Tau.
- Owner: Rosneft (32.7%), Perenco (16.3%), PetroVietnam (51%)
- Current Capacity: 7 billion cubic meters per year
- Length: 371 km / 230 miles
- Status: Operational
- Start Year: 2003
Nam Con Son Gas Pipeline supplies power plants responsible for 13.4 percent of Vietnam's electricity output. The pipeline is serviced every five years, which cuts natural gas supplies to these power plants.
Articles and resources
- Nam Con Son Gas Pipeline, A Barrel Full, accessed April 2018
- Vietnam to Shut Nam Con Son Gas Pipeline For Maintenance, RigZone, Reuters, 6 September 2016, accessed April 2018