Nandichod power station
Nandichod power station is a proposed 135-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Odisha, India.
The map below shows Angul district, the approximate location where the plant would be built.
Background on Plant
Since then the project has yet to receive environmental clearance, and appears to be deferred or abandoned.
- Sponsor: Tata Sponge Iron
- Parent company: Tata Group
- Location: Nandichod (Gopiballavpur) and Jhintipal Jungle villages, Angul district, Odisha
- Coordinates: 20.833, 85.1 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Capacity: 135 MW
- Type: Subcritical
- Start date:
- Coal Type: Washery rejects
- Coal Source: Radhikapur coal block
- Source of financing:
- Permits and applications: Terms of reference, India MoEF, Jan 25, 2012
Resources and articles
- Terms of reference, India MoEF, Jan 25, 2012.