Nantong Coal Waste power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Nantong Coal Waste power station (重庆能源南桐低热值煤发电厂) is a proposed 600-megawatt (MW) waste coal-fired power plant in Chongqing DC Municipality, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the location where the plant is proposed to be built in Chongqing DC Municipality.
Background on Project
The power station received environmental clearance and began construction in April 2015.
However, construction soon stalled for unknown reasons, and as of June 2019 the plant appears to be abandoned.
- Sponsor: Chongqing Nantong Mining Co
- Parent company: Chongqing Energy Investment Group
- Location: Guanba, Wansheng, Chongqing Province, China
- Coordinates: 28.847894, 106.774156 (exact)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 600 MW (Units 1 & 2: 300 MW)
- Type: Circulating fluidized bed
- Projected in service:
- Coal type: Bituminous waste coal
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: