Natural Resources Defense Council and global warming
From Global Energy Monitor
The Natural Resources Defense Council is one of the major U.S. environmental groups campaigning on the issue of global warming.
It proposes four elements in a response to global warming:
- increasing energy efficiency;
- increasing vehicle fuel efficiency and promoting "smart growth";
- promoting bio-fuels and renewable energy; and
- carbon capture and storage, which it refers to as a program to "return carbon to the ground".
Articles and Resources
- "Solving Global warming: It can be Done", NRDC website, accessed May 2008.
Related GEM.wiki articles
- Carbon Capture and Storage
- Design to Win: Philanthropy's Role in the Fight Against Global Warming
- Philanthropy and the No-Coal Movement
Articles By Hawkins
- David Hawkins and George Peridas, "No Time Like the Present: NRDC's Answer to MIT's 'Future of Coal' Report," NRDC Brief, March 2007
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|