Nederland Oil Terminal
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Nederland Oil Terminal is a proposed oil export terminal in Port Arthur, Texas, United States.
The terminal will be located offshore Port Arthur, Texas, United States.
- Owner: Energy Transfer LP
- Location: offshore Port Arthur, Texas, United States
- Coordinates: 29.597041, -93.870013 (approximate)
- Status: Proposed
- Type: Export
- Start Year: 2023
Note: mtpa = million tonnes per year; bcfd = billion cubic feet per day
In August 2019 Energy Transfer announced plans to build a offshore oil export terminal that would connect to its existing oil terminal in Nederland, Texas. In September 2019 Energy Transfer said it would buy smaller rival SemGroup Corp for $1.35 billion and build the new Ted Collins Oil Pipeline between the Houston Ship Channel and Nederland.
Articles and resources
- Energy Transfer plans VLCC-capable crude export terminal near Nederland, Texas, S&P Global Platts, Sep. 8, 2019
- Energy Transfer expects supertanker facility to be in service by early 2023, Reuters, Nov. 7, 2020