NewPage Luke Mill Power Plant
From Global Energy Monitor
Luke Mill Power Plant is a retired coal-fired power station in Luke, Maryland. The plant provides power to the Luke pulp & paper mill.
The plant's two coal-fired units were retired in June 2019.
The plant and mill are in Luke, Maryland.
- Owner: Verso Corporation
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 65 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 35 MW (1958), 30 MW (1979)
- Location: 300 Pratt St., Luke, MD 21540
- GPS Coordinates: 39.472649, -79.056696
- Electricity Production: 235,251 MWh (2005)
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- CO2 Emissions:
- SO2 Emissions:
- SO2 Emissions per MWh:
- NOx Emissions:
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.
Related GEM.wiki articles
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|