New Engro Elengy FSRU
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
New Engro Elengy FSRU is a proposed floating storage and regasification terminal in Sindh, Pakistan.
The terminal is located in a channel of the Indus River east of Karachi.
- Owner: Elengy Terminal Pakistan Limited
- Parent: Engro Corporation
- Location: Port Qasim, Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan
- Coordinates: 24.7907232, 67.3688752 (exact)
- Capacity: 5.9
- Status: Construction
- Type: Import
- Start Year:
Note: mtpa = million tonnes per year; bcfd = billion cubic feet per day
In February 2020 Engro Elengy and Excelerate Energy signed an agreement for the construction of a new FSRU to be moored at the same location. The new terminal will have a capacity of 5.9 mtpa and will replace the existing Engro Elengy FSRU.
Articles and resources
- John Snyder, Newbuild FSRU will underpin Pakistan’s growing demand for gas, Riviera, Feb. 10, 2020