Newstan coal mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Australia and coal|
The Newstan coal mine was an underground mine, operated by Centennial Coal, producing 4 million tonnes per annum near Woodrising in New South Wales, Australia. The mine closed in 2014.
The company currently has a 1.6 million tonne expansion project to reopen.
The map below shows the exact location of the mine in Queensland, Australia
The mine is operated by Centennial Coal.
- Parent Company: Centennial Coal
- Location: Woodrising, New South Wales, Australia
- GPS Coordinates: -32.978628, 151.574319 (exact)
- Status: Care and maintenance
- Production Capacity: 4 million tonnes per annum
- Total Resource:
- Mineable Reserves:
- Coal type:
- Mine Type: underground
- Mining Method:longwall
- Start Year: 2002
- Source of Financing:
- Status: Proposed
- Capacity: 1.6 mtpa
- Start Year:2024
Articles and resources
- Ian Kirkwood,Newstan Colliery to Close this Month with 100 Jobs Gone, Newcastle Herald, July 11, 2014
- Centennial Coal, Mining Operations Plan, March 2018 - July 2020