Neyveli Zero power station
Neyveli Zero power station is a 250-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Tamil Nadu, India. A second unit of 250 MW has been proposed.
The undated satellite photo below shows the power station in Neyveli village.
Background on Plant
ST-CMS Electric Company received a terms of reference toward a unit 2 of 250 MW in May 2011. However, as of August 2015 it appears that the project was either shelved or abandoned since there had been no further applications toward environmental clearance in over four years and no reported development of the project.
Project Details of expansion
- Sponsor: ST-CMS Electric Company
- Parent company:
- Location: Neyveli village, Kurinjipadi taluk, Cuddalore district, Tamil Nadu
- Coordinates: 11.5401, 79.4159 (exact)
- Status: Cancelled (no progress in over four years)
- Unit 1: 250 MW
- Unit 2: 250 MW
- Start date:
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
- Permits and applications: Terms of reference, India MoEF, May 19, 2011