Nhava Sheva Port
Nhava Sheva Port, officially known as Jawaharlal Nehru Port, is located in Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra and is the largest container port in India.
While containers account for the majority of its business, the port also has facilities for liquid and dry bulk cargo. Dry bulk cargo (mostly cement) constitutes less than 2% of the port's activity, and coal is handled but is not a major import commodity for the port.
- Operator: Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust
- Location: Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Annual Capacity (Tonnes): 8 million (all cargo)
- Status: Operating
- Type: Imports
- Coal source:
Articles and Resources
- "Performance Highlights," Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust, accessed February 2018.
- "Traffic Handled During the Month of January 2018," Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust, accessed February 2018.