Nhon Hoi Refinery power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Nhon Hoi Refinery power station is a proposed 700-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Binh Dinh Province, Vietnam. It is sometimes referred to as the Victory project.
As of February 2020, the project has not progressed in more than two years and appears to be shelved.
The satellite photo below shows the exact location of the proposed power station in Phu Cat District, Binh Dinh Province, Vietnam.
The project was first announced in 2011, when an oil refinery in Nhon Hoi Economic Zone was proposed. The power plant, expected to be finished in 2015, would support the energy needs of the oil refinery. KST Energy and Russia’s Energoproekt Company signed a contract to perform a feasibility study for the power plant.
In 2014, KST Energy Development Joint Venture Co Ltd with local bodies to promote the supporting projects, this time with a new partner, Ratchaburi Electricity Generating Holding Public Company Limited. The refinery had acquired a new name, the Victory project.
In 2016, VietnamNet reported that the Victory's project's future remained uncertain due to a slump in oil prices. The investors requested an extension of the investment certificate submission deadline to June 2016.
- Sponsor: KST Energy Development Joint Venture
- Parent company: STFE Limited Company; Viet Nam’s Khang Thong Group
- Location: Nhon Hoi Economic Zone, Phu Cat District, Binh Dinh Province, Vietnam
- Coordinates: 13.838366, 109.271338 (exact)
- Gross capacity (proposed): 700 MW
- Combined-cycle unit: 700 MW (start-up 2021-2025)
Articles and Resources
- Thai-VN venture to build refinery, oil plant in Binh Dinh, Binh Dinh Newspaper, Aug 11 2011
- Thai investors mull over supporting project for oil refinery, Binh Dinh online, Sep 26 2014
- Billion-dollar Victory oil refinery remains uncertain, VietnamNet, Jan 12 2016
- "Thai-VN venture to build refinery, oil plant in Binh Dinh". August 11, 2011.
- Nguyên Đức, Dự án tỷ đô Lọc hóa dầu Victory Nhơn Hội thất hứa, Báo Đầu tư điện tử, Jan 6 2016