Niagara Generating Facility
From Global Energy Monitor
WPS Niagara Generating Facility is a coal-fired power station in Niagara Falls, New York.
The undated satellite photo below shows the power station in Niagara Falls, New York.
- Owner: WPS Power Development
- Parent Company: Integrys
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 56.0 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 56.0 MW (1991)
- Location: 5300 Frontier Ave., Niagara Falls, NY 14304
- GPS Coordinates: 43.083903,-79.006891
- Electricity Production: 230,245 MWh (2005)
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- CO2 Emissions: 473,567 tons (2005)
- SO2 Emissions: 980 tons (2005)
- SO2 Emissions per MWh: 8.51 lb/MWh (2005)
- NOx Emissions: 387 tons (2005)
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.