Ningdong Maliantai power station
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Ningdong Maliantai power station (中铝宁夏能源集团马莲台发电厂) is a 660-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant in Lingwu City, Yinchuan Prefecture, Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region.
Background on Plant
According to a 2011 article in Ningxia Xinhua Channel:
- Two 330 MW units were put into operation in 2006.
- Two 660 MW units (Phase II) were under construction. The units were planned for completion in 2013.
- Two 1,000 MW units (Phase III) were planned.
The two 660 MW units (Phase II) were relocated and are now referred to as a separate power station, the Yinxing power station.
There have been no developments on the two proposed 1,000 MW units (Phase III) since 2011, and they appear to be deferred or abandoned.
- Sponsor: Ningxia Electric Power Group Co.
- Parent company: CHALCO (71%), Ningxia Huimin Finance Company (17%), Beijing Energy Group (6%), Ningxia Power Investment Group (6%)
- Location: Yazidang - Maliantai, Lingwu City, Yinchuan Prefecture, Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 38.173333, 106.570556 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 660 MW (Units 1-2: 330 MW)
- In service: 2006
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- ↑ "马莲台发电厂二期扩建工程初步设计通过预审查," 新华网宁夏频道, 2011-10-14
- ↑ "中铝宁夏能源集团银星电厂2×660MW工程可研（预）审查会顺利召开," Chinadaily.com, 2013-11-21