North–Vest Romania Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
North–Vest Romania Pipeline is a proposed gas pipeline in Romania.
The pipeline runs from Horia to Bors, Romania, Huedin to Alesd, Romania, Bors to Abramut, Romania, Abramut to Mediesu Aurit, Romania, and from Sarmasel to Mediesu Aurit, Romania.
- Operator: SNTGN Transgaz SA
- Current capacity:
- Length: 518 km
- Diameter: 27.6 inches (700 mm), 19.7 inches (500 mm), 15.8 inches (400 mm)
- Status: Proposed
- Start Year: 2026
- Stage one: 2022
- Stage two: 2025
- Stage three: 2026
- Associated Infrastructure:
- Cost: €405 million (US$492 million)
The project code on the European Network of Transmission System Operators for Gas Ten Year Development Plan is TRA-N-598. Its Transgaz Development Plan for the National Gas Transmission System 2020 code is 7.10. The project is to be built in 3 stages: Stage 1: "construction of the pipeline and of the related equipment in the Horia–Borș direction." Stage 2: "construction of the pipeline and of the related equipment in the Borș–Abrămuț direction" and "construction of a Gas Compressor Station at Medieșu Aurit." Stage 3: "construction of the gas transmission pipeline and of the related equipment in the Abrămuț–Medieșu Aurit direction" and "construction of the pipeline and of the related equipment in the Sărmășel–Medieșu Aurit direction."
- ENTSOG TYNDP 2020 - Annex A - Projects Tables, 12 Nov 2019
- European Network of Transmission System Operators for Gas (October 2020). "TYNDP 2020 - MAP – Transmission" (PDF). ENTSOG. Retrieved December 4, 2020.
- ENTSOG TYNDP 2020 - Annex A - Projects Tables, Nov. 25, 2020
- Transgaz. "REPORT on the prior approval of the Development Plan for the National Gas Transmission System 2020 – 2029 (TYNDP) for submission for approval to ANRE" (PDF). Transgaz.ro. Retrieved August 27, 2020.