North Bakken Expansion Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
North Bakken Expansion Pipeline is a gas pipeline that is in construction in North Dakota, USA.
- Operator: WBI Energy
- Parent company: MDU Resources Group
- Capacity: 250 million cubic feet per day
- Length: 150.5 kilometers
- Diameter: 24 inches, 12 inches
- Status: Construction
- Start year: 2021
- Cost: US$260 million
The project includes construction of the Northern Border Interconnect and the Norse Transfer Station, as well as upgrades of receiving stations at existing plants. The project will provide infrastructure for the transportation of natural gas produced during oil production in the Williston Basin, which will lead to a reduction in the need for gas flaring.
The pipeline is slated for completion and operation by December 2021.
Articles and resources
- Renée Jean, WBI starts construction of North Bakken Expansion and more things to know this week in energy, Williston Herald, Jul. 28, 2021, accessed Sep. 1, 2021.
- North Bakken Expansion Project, NS Energy, accessed Sep. 1, 2021.
- North Bakken, WBI Energy, accessed Sep. 1, 2021.
- Construction begins on North Bakken Expansion Pipeline, Minot Daily News, Jul. 20, 2021, accessed Sep. 1, 2021.