North Wambo Mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Australia and coal|
The North Wambo Mine is a new underground mine in the Hunter Valley in New South Wales, Australia. The mine is owned and opertaed by Peabody Energy, which also owns and operates the adjoining existing Wambo mine.
The North Mambo mine is a longwall coal mining project slated to produce 3 million tonnes a year. Peabody states that coal from the mine "is exported to Japanese utilities and international coal traders."
Articles and resources
Related GEM.wiki articles
Coal in Australia
- Australia and Post-Kyoto Protocol negotiations on greenhouse gas emissions
- Australian Coal Association
- The Australian Coal Association's Proposed Carbon Capture and Storage Taskforce
- Coal-to-Liquids in Australia
- Nonviolent direct actions against coal
- Coal promoters in Australia
- Peabody Energy, "New South Wales", Peabody website, accessed July 2011.