Northern Goldfields Interconnect Gas Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The pipeline will run from Ambania, Western Australia (about 50 kilometers south of Geraldton) to 40 kilometers south of Leinster, Western Australia, to connect to the existing Goldfields Gas Pipeline.
- Operator: APA Northern Goldfields Interconnect Pty Ltd
- Parent company: APA Group
- Length: 580 kilometers
- Diameter: 300 millimeters
- Status: Proposed
- Start year: 2022
- Cost: AU$460 million
On June 3, 2021, APA Group reported the first shipment of pipelines for construction of the Northern Goldfields Interconnect Gas Pipeline had been delivered, with construction expected to begin in the third quarter of 2021.
Articles and resources
- Northern Goldfields Interconnect Factsheet, APA Group, accessed Aug. 18, 2021.
- Northern Goldfields Interconnect, APA Group, accessed Aug. 18, 2021.
- APA Group (December 11, 2020). "Northern Goldfields Interconnect (NGI) pipeline EPA Environmental Referral Supporting Dccument" (PDF). apa. Retrieved August 19, 2021.
- Northern Goldfields Interconnect Pipeline - Additional Information, Jun. 2021, accessed Aug. 18, 2021.
- Imogen Hartmann, New 580km gas pipeline for Western Australia, Utility Magazine, Nov. 26, 2020, accessed Aug. 18, 2021.
- First pipes arrive for APA's Northern Goldfields Interconnect Pipeline, APA Group, Jun. 3, 2021, accessed Aug. 18, 2021.