Northside Generating Station
Northside Generating Station (NGS) is a 595.0-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station owned and operated by JEA near Jacksonville, Florida.
- Owner/Parent Company: JEA
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 595.0 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: Unit 1: 297.5 MW (1966), Unit 2: 297.5 MW (1972)
- Location: Jacksonville, Duval County, FL
- GPS Coordinates: 30.4190719, -81.5549469
- Technology: Subcritical Circulating Fluidized Bed
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source: Coal imported from different mines.
- Number of Employees:
- Unit Retirements:
From Oil To Coal
Northside Generating Station (NGS) Units 1 and 2 were natural and fuel oil fired units that were repowered as circulating fluidized bed coal-burning units (297.5 MW each).
Coal Ash Spill
Related GEM.wiki articles
- Carbon Capture and Storage
- Existing U.S. Coal Plants
- US proposed coal plants (both active and cancelled)
- Coal plant litigation
- Florida and coal
- "Tracking New Coal-Fired Power Plants", National Energy Tech Lab, May 2007, page 10. (Pdf)