Novel power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Novel power station is a 100-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in the province of Novara, Italy.
The map below shows the location of the power station in Novara, the province of Novara, Italy.
Novel is a cogeneration plant that provides electricity and steam to Radici Chimica’s chemical site. Excess electricity is sold to the grid.
- Sponsor: Alpiq Energia Italia SpA
- Parent company: EOS Holdings SA [44%]; Primeo Energy AG [26%]; Consortium of Swiss Minority Shareholders KSM [18%]; Other [12%]
- Location: Novara, the province of Novara, Italy
- Coordinates: 45.4570, 8.6496 (exact)
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 100 MW
Articles and Resources
- Best Practice in Italy: GE's Total Gas Plant Services Solutions to Increase Novel S.p.A.'s Competitiveness in the Italian "Electricity Market", GE, Feb 20, 2019
- World Electric Power Plants database S&P Global Platts, June 2019
- Atel and EOS become ALPIQ, Alpiq, Dec 19, 2008
- EOS and Primeo Energie conclude acquisition of the block of Alpiq shares, Alpiq, May 28, 2019
- Alpiq as a Corporation, Alpiq, Dec 31, 2020
- FRESNA (FIAS Renewable Energy Systems & Network Analysis) version 4.1 (July 2019)
- ENTSO-E Transparency Platform, ID 26WUUUUUUNOVEL1U accessed November 2019