Nueces IGCC Plant
In September 2006, Tondu Corporation announced that it was developing an IGCC plant in Corpus Christi, and filed for a state air permit.
On June 14, 2007, Tondu announced that it was scrapping the project in favor of a smaller natural gas facility. The company cited expense ($1.5 billion), as well as the fact that it would have to hire separate engineering and construction firms with no performance guarantees.
Sponsor: Tondu Corporation
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Capacity: 600 MW
Projected in service: 2012
Status: Cancelled (6/07)
- Power Plant Planned for Ship Channel, Corpus Christi Caller-Times, October 4, 2006.
- Company is Stepping Back From Coal Gasification Plant, Houston Chronicle, June 14, 2007.
Related GEM.wiki articles
- Coal plant litigation
- Texas and coal
- United States and coal
- Carbon Capture and Storage
- Existing U.S. Coal Plants
- US proposed coal plants (both active and cancelled)
- Coal plants cancelled in 2007
- Coal plants cancelled in 2008
- State-by-state guide to information on coal in the United States (or click on the map)