Nuweiba power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Nuweiba power station was a proposed 750-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Nuweibaa, Dahab, South Sinai Governorate, Egypt. Nuweiba locals organized in opposition to the power plant with environmental and tourism concerns. They were able to stop the construction of the Nuweiba power station in 2010.
The map below shows the proposed location of the canceled power station in Nuweiba City, Janub Sina Governorate, Egypt.
- Sponsor: East Delta Electricity Production Co.
- Parent company: The Egyptian Electricity Holding Co.
- Location: Nuweiba City, Janub Sina Governorate, Egypt
- Coordinates: 29.024353, 34.664059 (exact)
- Gross capacity (cancelled): 750 MW
- Combined-cycle unit: 750 MW (start-up year not found)
Articles and Resources