O Mon-II power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
The map below shows the exact location of the proposed power station in O Mon, Can Tho Province, Vietnam.
Two investors sent proposals to the Ministry of Industry and Trade -- EVNGENCO2 (Vietnam Electricity Corporation) and Vietracimex (Marubeni Corporation) to build the power plant. In May 2019, Ministry of Industry and Trade recommended Vietracimex Joint Venture - Marubeni Group, which had begun operating many projects successfully in 2019, to the Prime Minister.
In February 2021, IJGlobal reported that Vietracimex and Marubeni had received approval to proceed with the project following a decision by Vietnam's prime minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc in January 2021 backing the investment planning for the project. The output of the project was confirmed as 1,050 MW and the companies are expecting the plant to commence operations in 2024-2025. The total project cost is about 30.56 trillion Vietnamese dong (US$1.33 billion). The Vietracimex - Marubeni consortium is planning to raise equity of approximately 6.11 trillion Vietnamese dong and finance the remaining 24.45 trillion Vietnamese dong with commercial loans.
- Sponsor: Vietracimex - Marubeni Corporation
- Parent company: Marubeni
- Location: O Mon, Can Tho Province, Vietnam
- Coordinates: 10.134916, 105.669325 (exact)
- Gross capacity (proposed): 1,050 MW
- Combined-cycle unit: 1,050 MW (to start 2024-25)
- Cost: US$1.33 billion
Articles and Resources
- Thứ Ba, Nhiệt điện Ô Môn 1 sẽ chuyển sang chạy khí thay dầu FO, Vietnam Energy Magazine, 22 Sep 2017
- Thanh Hương, Bộ Công thương lúng túng khi được giao chỉ định chủ đầu tư Dự án Nhiệt điện Ô Môn II, Đầu tư online, 8 Oct 2019
- Dự án Nhà máy Nhiệt điện Ô Môn II: Nhà đầu tư nào “lọt mắt xanh” Bộ Công Thương?, Báo Đấu Thầu, 3 May 2019
- Vì sao Vietracimex được tiến cử cho dự án khủng Nhiệt điện Ô Môn II?, Vietnam Times, 24 May 2019
- Vĩnh Chi, Dự án Nhiệt điện Ô Môn II: Bộ Công Thương chê EVNGENCO2 yếu năng lực tài chính, Vietnam Finance, 15 May 2019
- Civi Yap, Vietracimex and Marubeni to build gas-fired, IJGlobal, Feb. 11, 2021