O Mon-IV power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
The map below shows the exact location of the proposed power station in O Mon, Can Tho Province, Vietnam.
In June 2018, as Vietnam Electricity (EVN) was seeking investors for the project, the Ministry of Finance thought the price of electricity from the plant would be "quite high" compared to coal plants. EVN also raised the output of the project from 750 MW to 1,050 MW.
In May 2019, VietnamNet reported that EVN was having difficulty arranging capital for this project.
In September 2019, the People's Committee of Can Tho City requested comments on the feasibility study report of O Mon IV Thermal Power Plant project from the State Capital Management Committee.
- Sponsor: Vietnam Electricity (EVN)
- Parent company: Vietnam Electricity (EVN)
- Location: O Mon, Can Tho Province, Vietnam
- Coordinates: 10.134916, 105.669325 (exact)
- Gross capacity (proposed): 750 MW
- Combined-cycle unit: 750 MW (to start 2023)
Articles and Resources
- Thứ Ba, Nhiệt điện Ô Môn 1 sẽ chuyển sang chạy khí thay dầu FO, Vietnam Energy Magazine, 22 Sep 2017
- Study on Gas to Power Project Value Chain in the South Vietnam Final Report, p. 6-45, Japan Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry website, March 2019
- Xây 2 nhiệt điện 50.000 tỷ đồng: Thận trọng những thách thức, VietnamNet, 13 Jun 2018
- Hà Duy, Nhiệt điện 26 ngàn tỷ: Chê quốc doanh yếu tiền, Bộ chuyển tư nhân làm, VietnamNet, 29 May 2019
- Cần Thơ kiến nghị phê duyệt Nhà máy nhiệt điện Ô Môn IV, THTPCT Can Tho Television, 25 Sep 2019