Oaktown Fuels Mine No. 2 coal mine
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Oaktown Fuels Mine No. 2 Coal Mine is an underground mine in Knox, Indiana, United States.
The map below shows the exact location of the mine.
Sunrise Coal, LLC operates the mine, which is owned by Hallador Energy Company.
- Operator: Sunrise Coal, LLC 
- Owner: Hallador Energy Company 
- Location: Knox, Indiana, United States 
- Coordinates: 38.864776, -87.422916 (Exact)
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: 1.81 million tonnes per annum (Mtpa) :
- Reserves: 43.4 million tonnes (Proven and Probable, 2018) 
- Coal Type: Bituminous (Thermal)
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year: 2013 
- Source of Financing:
Articles and resources
- United States Department of Labour; Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA), "Mine Data Retrieval System: Oaktown Fuels Mine No. 2", MHSA website, Accessed April 2021
- Mining Data Online, "Oaktown II Mine" Mining Data Online website, Accessed April 2021