Ohgishima LNG Terminal
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Ohgishima LNG Terminal is an LNG import terminal in Kanto, Japan.
- Owner: Tokyo Gas
- Location: Tsurumi-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Kanto, Japan
- Coordinates: 35.493545, 139.739692 (exact)
- Capacity: 10.4 mtpa
- Status: Operating
- Type: Import
- Start Year: 1998
Note: mtpa = million tonnes per year; bcfd = billion cubic feet per day
Ohgishima LNG Terminal is an LNG terminal in Kanto, Japan.
Commissioned in 1998 to supply city gas to the western metropolitan area around Kanagawa Prefecture, the Ohgishima LNG Terminal added a third (underground) storage tank in 2003 and a fourth tank in 2013. In 2016, the terminal imported its first LNG cargo from Australia’s Gorgon facility as part of a long-term agreement to purchase from the project.
Articles and resources
- GIIGNL 2021 Annual Report, accessed May 5, 2021
- Ohgishima LNG Terminal, A Barrel Full, accessed April 2017
- Ohgishima Terminal No. 3 LNG Tank Enters Operation, Tokyo Gas Co., Ltd., October 2003
- Tokyo Gas Completes Fourth LNG Tank at Ohgishima Terminal, LNG World News, October 2013
- Tokyo Gas imports first LNG from Australia's Gorgon, Reuters, Osamu Tsukimori, September 2016