Omsukchan Coal Cluster
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Omsukchansky Coal Cluster, is a proposed coal mine located near Omsukchan, in the Magadan Oblast, Russia.
The proposed coal mine is located near Omsukchan, in Omsukchansky District, Magadan Oblast, Russia. The coal cluster extends both to the northwest and southeast of the town of Omsukchan.
Notably, coal mining development has been stymied in this area because it lacks reliable transport infrastructure between the Omsukchan deposits and the coast of the Sea of Okhotsk. The Omsukchan coal cluster project intends to reconstruct a road section of Omsukchan-Galimy, construct the Galimy-Pestraya-Dresva highway, and construct a coal terminal on the coast of the Pestraya Dresva bay.
- Sponsor: North-Eastern Coal Company Limited
- Parent Company: East Mining Company LTD (joint venture between ICTH and Oleg Miserva)
- Location: Omsukchan, Omsukchansky District, Magadan Oblast, Russia
- GPS Coordinates: 62.5312344, 155.7972808 (approximate)
- Status: Proposed
- Production Capacity: 3 mtpa
- Total Resource:
- Mineable Reserves: 100 million tons
- Coal type: Coal of grade GZh, Zh, K
- Mine Size:
- Mine Type: open pit
- Start Year:
- Source of Financing:
Related GEM.wiki articles
- ТОСЭР «ОМСУКЧАНСКИЙ», accessed Mar. 2021.
- "East Mining Company," "ICT Holding website," October 10, 2013.
- "Omsukchan is being made ready for rapid development territory regime," "East Mining Company, 2013 - 2020," July 22, 2016.
- "North-Eastern Coal Company Limited," "East Mining Company website," accessed July 2020.
- "Omsukchan is brought under the TOP," "Kommersant," July 19, 2016.
- Ministry of Energy of the Russian Federation, "Strategy and Programme for Russia’s Coal Industry Development to 2035," January 2020.