Oradea power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Oradea power station is a 46-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Bihor County, Romania.
The map below shows the location of the power station in Oradea, Bihor County, Romania.
It previously had coal-fired generation units, which retired in 2016 and were replaced by the current gas-fired unit.
- Sponsor: SC Electrocentrale Oradea S.A.
- Parent company: SC Electrocentrale Oradea S.A.
- Location: Oradea, Bihor County, Romania
- Coordinates: 47.0842, 21.8928 (exact)
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 46 MW
- Gross generating capacity (retired): 100 MW
- Unit 2: Coal-fired subcritical, 50 MW (start-up in 1972, retired 2016)
- Unit 3: Coal-fired subcritical, 50 MW (start-up in 1976, retired 2016)
- Coal type: Lignite
Articles and Resources
- World Electric Power Plants database S&P Global Platts, June 2019
- Carbon Monitoring for Action (CARMA) database, ID 32688 version 2 (2009) csv file obtained from FRESNA